Anna has tried cases in both state and federal district courts to jury verdict and has handled bench trials and arbitrations.
Her work has resulted in multiple published decisions, including
- YDM Management Co., Inc. v. Sharp Community Medical Group, Inc. (2017) 16 Cal.App.5th 613 (out-of-network urgent care provider seeking reimbursement for emergency services)
- Linda Vista Village San Diego Homeowners Association, Inc. v. Tecolote Investors, LLC, et al. (2015) 234 Cal.App.4th 166 (homeowners seeking to nullify ground lease and court imposed rent control based upon San Diego City Charter)
- Regan Roofing Company, Inc. v. Superior Court (1994) 21 Cal.App.4th 1685 (indemnity rights valuation in settlement of construction defect action).
Anna’s healthcare practice involves disputes arising from managed care claims authorization, the corporate practice of medicine doctrine, physician termination with non-compete and anti-solicitation components, medical group dissolution, and non-contracted provider billing disputes with IPAs, health plans, and medical groups.
In business she has handled matters involving corporate governance, breach of contract, fraud, unfair business practices, dissolution, and unfair competition. She represents investment advisers and brokers in suitability actions, unfair competition, and misappropriation of trade secrets matters. Her work has included administrative actions before the SEC and FINRA.
Anna’s real estate litigation expertise is diverse. It includes land use cases involving CEQA and its exemptions. She litigated the religious exemption successfully against an environmental group known for its work in the preservation of historical landmark property. She has successfully represented a bluff landowner seeking California Coastal Commission permission to infill sea caves. For many years, Anna has worked for mobilehome park owners and management companies, assisting with all of their legal needs with an emphasis on the preservation of property rights.
Her representation of geotechnical engineers has spanned three decades and includes limitation of liability, indemnity, and insurance matters.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated®
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2013-2019
- State Bar of California’s Wiley W. Manuel Award for pro bono
- San Diego Top Attorney, 2017-2019
Memberships & Community Involvement
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Past President
- San Diego County Bar Association