We believe that having high-caliber, dedicated attorneys and staff is essential to providing legal services that meet our clients’ expectations. We are committed to hiring those individuals who perform at the highest level of service and ethical standards. We welcome candidates to submit their resumes at any time.
It is the Firm’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants, interns and employees in accordance with applicable law. It makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. The Firm prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender identity (whether or not an individual is transitioning or has transitioned) and sex stereotyping, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information (including genetic information), military status, veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
At DSMW, we provide a generous benefits package to all full-time attorneys and staff.
For more recruiting information, contact:
Carol McCabe, Director of Administration
Corporate Business Attorney
We are looking for a corporate/business attorney with at least 8 years of experience in advising clients with respect to entity formation, business startups, general corporate matters and mergers and acquisitions. Portable book of business and exceptional academic credentials required. Experience in healthcare business transactions a plus. We offer excellent opportunities for practice development and professional growth with an established law firm. Compensation will commensurate with book of business and experience.
Business Litigation Attorney with 3-5 years’ experience
We are seeking a mid-level associate to join our business litigation practice. Excellent academic credentials and 3-5 years firm experience required. We offer excellent opportunities for practice development and professional growth with a well-established law practice. Compensation will commensurate with book of business and experience.
Business Litigation Attorney with a minimum of 10 years’ experience
We are seeking an experienced business litigation attorney with a minimum of 10 years’ firm experience and an established book of business. Excellent academic credentials required. We offer excellent opportunities for practice development and professional growth with a well-established law practice. Compensation will commensurate with book of business and experience.
We are seeking a litigation paralegal with 5+ years experience. Excellent opportunity for self-motivated candidate with diverse experience, excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of discovery on pending litigation including drafting interrogatories, requests for production, requests for admissions, and response to same
- Draft complaints, answers, motions and other form pleadings
- Draft standard motions, including preparation of notices and supportive declarations
- Perform legal research using Westlaw and social media sites
- Prepare attorneys for depositions, including summarizing transcripts
- Shepardize (check citations)
- Prepare notices and subpoenas duces tecum for scheduled depositions and trials
- Page-line summaries of deposition transcripts
- Organize and maintain major case files
- Trial preparation (exhibits, planning and preparation of demonstrative evidence, jury instructions, SDTs, trial notebooks
- Working knowledge of an eDiscovery platform (i.e. Eclipse SE). Understanding of native form of documents and ability to load documents and provide summary. Ability to extract documents; redact and bates label documents within platform
- Ability to work independently
In addition, candidates must have excellent project management skills with attention to detail, good judgment and solid organizational skills. Ability to balance multiple time-sensitive projects. Paralegal certificate required.
Please submit resume to:
Duckor Spradling Metzger & Wynne
101 W. Broadway, Suite 1700
San Diego, CA 92101
or Email: email@example.com