If your organization is experiencing an employment dispute, or seeking to answer the difficult employment questions businesses face on an almost daily basis, we are here to help. Read below or click the following links for more information on our Employment Litigation and Employment Counseling practices.
Our employment litigation team has successfully tried and arbitrated numerous employment-related cases in state and federal court, administrative hearings, arbitration, mediation, and on appeal. While we are keenly focused on the issues faced by businesses and management, our experience extends to the representation of both individuals and classes.
We aggressively assert our clients’ rights, but we understand the importance of balancing their specific resources, business goals and philosophies. To this end, we help you to identify and create opportunities for pre-trial resolution when appropriate.
We represent clients in the following types of employment matters:
- Wrongful Termination
- Wage and Hour
- Sexual and other Harassment
- Pregnancy and Religious Accommodation
- Misappropriation of Trade Secrets
- Employment Contracts
- Privacy and Defamation
- Stock Option and Related Compensatory Awards
- Private Attorney General Act (“PAGA”) Claims
- Class Actions
- Whistleblower claims
In addition to handling cases in active litigation, we advise and represent clients in proceedings before administrative agencies, including the following:
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- California Employment Development Department
- California Labor Commissioner
- U.S. Department of Labor
In addition to our employment litigation services, our employment attorneys counsel clients on all phases of the employment relationship, beginning with the recruiting and hiring process through the termination of the employment relationship, whether voluntary or involuntary.
We regularly prepare and review employment-related documents such as offer letters, employment agreements, employee policies and handbooks, separation and release agreements, confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements, and stock option and equity award agreements.
We also assist clients in complying with California and federal wage and hour laws, and the maze of California and federal statutes and regulations which govern the various leaves of absence employers are required to provide eligible employees, helping our clients be proactive in preventing or reducing employment-related claims. We conduct audits or compliance reviews of business employment practices as well.
Our employment attorneys represent and counsel clients on a variety of employment-related matters including:
- Hiring Practices
- Offer Letters and Employment Agreements
- Independent Contractor Relationships
- Termination of Employment
- Separation and Release Agreements
- California and Federal Wage and Hour Laws
- Employee Handbooks and Policies
- Leaves of Absence, including FMLA and CFRA Leaves
- Drug and Alcohol Screening and Testing
- Privacy Rights
- Protection of Trade Secrets or Proprietary Information
- Nonsolicitation and Noncompete Agreements
- Unfair Competition
- Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- Employees With Disabilities, Including the Interactive Process and Providing Reasonable Accommodations
- California and Federal Administrative Proceedings
- Counseling Employees and Progressive Discipline
- WARN Act Notices and Requirements